Tomb Raider (Prime Video)

Votre mission si vous l'acceptez : Echangez sur vos séries préférées
Répondre
PierrotDameron

Phoebe Waller-Bridge est annoncée à l'écriture d'une série Tomb Raider pour Prime Video. Amazon développe en parallèle un film, l'idée sera d'en faire un univers partagé ( :saint: ).

Phoebe Waller-Bridge Prepping ‘Tomb Raider’ TV Series for Amazon (Exclusive)

‘Tomb Raider’ Film in the Works as Amazon Makes Rich Rights Deal for Marvel-Like Franchise (Exclusive)
PierrotDameron

Waller-Bridge parle de la série chez Vanity Fair :
My time with Waller-Bridge takes place in April, before the writers strike, while she develops the classic video game Tomb Raider for a live-action Amazon series. (By May, she will be striking in solidarity with the Writers Guild of America.) Tomb Raider, like Indiana Jones, may seem an unexpected move, but Waller-Bridge was a Tomb Raider addict as a teen. “My parents were very smart because they didn’t actually limit me. They could sense that I was going to just game myself into the ground, and I did,” she says. “I packed the PlayStation away, and I was like, ‘I’ve got to not do that because I’ve got to write and read and do other stuff.’ But Waller-Bridge’s love for Lara Croft stayed with her. “She had an attitude. She was very deliberate in what she wanted to do.” She remembers Croft’s balletic movements through tombs and the game’s moody serenity. “That all changed when they realized that they could market her to be a sex symbol,” she says with a twitch of annoyance.
[...]
I ask if she hesitates to participate in our endlessly recycling culture of reboots and remakes. “I feel like when you’re working in the industry, you’ve got to ride the waves and lean in,” she tells me. “There’s room to do something really quite dangerous. And if I can do something dangerous and exciting with Tomb Raider, I already have an audience of people who love Lara and hopefully will continue to. And that is a very unusual position to be in. It’s the old Trojan horse.”
[...]
Breast references pop up in a lot of her writing, and Waller-Bridge says it became a heated topic in the Tomb Raider writers room. Should Lara Croft have an athletic build or the canonically busty figure? “She’s a tomb raider, so she’s incredibly fit,” she says. “She has to squeeze through tiny rock crevices all the time. It is a different experience squeezing through a small rock crevice when you have larger boobs than if you have smaller boobs.”

Répondre